GOLOS Association announces beginning of long-term monitoring of March regional elections
GOLOS Association announces beginning of long-term monitoring of March regional elections. GOLOS long-term observation includes monitoring such aspects as:
• Establishment of electoral commissions;
• Compilation of regional party lists;
• Availability of information on preparation for elections for voters;
• Equality of campaigning opportunities for political parties;
• Equality of access to the press for all the participants of elections;
• Legislative provisions of free and fair elections.
Apart from receiving regular reports from its long-term monitors, GOLOS receives information from media, expert interviews with representatives of political parties, NGO leaders, members of electoral commissions, as well as from regular citizens who report electoral campaign violations to the hot-line established by GOLOS.
Short-term (on Election Day) monitoring will be conducted in the following regions:
St. Petersburg city
Press-service, GOLOS Association